The network of hubs in Ukraine is a voluntary association of regional the leading organizations of the civil society of Ukraine, which systematically and effectively influences the development of civil society, social cohesion, human rights, democratic change and increasing the capacity of communities.
The objective of the Network is joint actions to promote the development of civil society in Ukraine, support for democratic transformation and strengthening the voice of the community.
In 2013, 9 civil society organizations (hubs) from different regions of Ukraine received assistance from UNDP in order to strengthen democratic governance, financial stability, membership management and volunteering, as well as the implementation advocacy practices to better serve those segments of Ukrainian society with which they work.
In 2015-2018, the Network implemented a joint project “Ukrainian Regional Platform for Social Initiatives” (with the financial support of the European Union). It concerned the development of local and emerging CSOs in the target regions. Within the framework of the project, the members of the Network implemented a sub-grant program, which supported 116 local projects and initiatives.
In 2017, another 6 organizations joined the Network and were selected by UNDP in Vinnytsya, Volyn, Zhytomyr, Poltava, Mykolayiv and Khmelnytsky regions.
Strategic Directions of the Network:
Strengthening the organizational capacity of CSOs and support initiative groups for the development of sustainable civil society at the regional and local levels.
Development of the capacity of the Network as a unique national association of regional-level organizations
Promoting the development of democracy and participation in decision-making processes at the national, regional and local levels through the introduction of a human rights-based approach.
Today the network includes 15 organizations:
- Non-governmental organization“CIVIL HOLDING “GROUP OF INFLUENCE” (Kyiv)
- Non-governmental organization“Terytoria Uspikhy”(Kropyvnitsky)
- Non-governmental organization“Access Point”(Kramatorsk, Donetsk region)
- Charitable foundation “Centre for Civil Initiatives” (Perechyn city, Zakarpattia region)
- Rivne Region Public Organization “Committee of Voters of Ukraine” (Rivne)
- Charitable organization “Community Foundation of Kherson Zakhyst”(Kherson)
- Non-governmental organization“MART” (Chernihiv)
- Civic organization “Center for civic and cultural initiatives support “Tamarisk” Center (Dnipro)
- Volyn regional CSO “Volyn Institute of Right”(Lutsk)
- Zhytomyr Regional Youth Public Organization “Modern Format” (Zhytomyr)
- Non-governmental organization“Podil law liga”(Khmelnytsky)
- Non-governmental organization“Institute of Analysis and Advocacy”(Poltava)
- Non-governmental organization“Spring of hope”(Vinnytsya)
- Non-governmental organization“Agency for economic development”(Voznesensk, Mykolaiv region)
- Center “Women’s Perspectives”, Non-governmental organization(Lviv)
The network operates on the basis of the Constitution and legislation of Ukraine, the Memorandum of Cooperation of December 16, 2017.